On 3 December 2018, CMC member organisation PAX (Netherlands) published the eighth update of the report ‘Worldwide Investments in Cluster Munitions: A shared responsibility‘. The report offers an overview of the involvement of financial institutions worldwide in companies that produce cluster munitions. It also shows banks, pension funds and insurers from around the world that no longer invest in companies making cluster bombs or have limited their investments. Finally, it includes examples of good state practice in this regard.
The report shows:
- Our Red Flag List of cluster munitions producers (download)
- Financial institutions that are investing in cluster munitions producers (the “Hall of Shame“) (download)
- Financial institutions that have divested from cluster munition producers and established clear policies to prevent future investment in them (the “Hall of Fame“) (download)
- Other financial institutions that have taken positive steps towards fully disinvesting from cluster munition producers (the “Runners-Up“) (download)
- Best practices of countries that consider investments in cluster munitions producers to be prohibited. (download)
The report was first published in 2009 in cooperation with FairFin (Belgium), and subsequent updates were published in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017